Written by Sammi Brondo
Personally, I’m a big Reese’s fan and prefer those over homemade versions any day. But, because Reese’s has yet to make a PB&J version (hint hint), these babies were born.
A few notes:
Control your health at its roots
I made these with dark chocolate simply because I had a lot of plain dark chocolate on hand that I wanted to use up (I don’t like it plain!). They would also be amazing with milk chocolate because #teammilkchocolate.
If you don’t have almond flour (IMO, not a common household ingredient), you can also try coconut flour, shredded coconut, or even oats. You just need a little bit of something dry to make the peanut butter less sticky.
Maple syrup can be 1:1 swapped with honey.
All you need are the following 5 ingredients, 20 minutes and muffin liners to have these PB&J cups ready in no time. They’re super rich, so 1 or 2 cups (or however many you’re feeling) are super satisfying. Enjoy!!
Dark Chocolate PB&J Cups
Makes about 10-12 PB&J cups
2 cups dark chocolate, divided
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons almond flour
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/2 cups strawberry jelly
1. Place muffin liners in a muffin tray.
2. Add 1 cup of dark chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is melted and thin (it might be done earlier depending on power of microwave).
3. Pour chocolate evenly into bottoms of muffin liners, making sure it spreads evenly. Place muffin tray in freezer and freeze for at least 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, almond flour and maple syrup until mixture is thick and cohesive. Remove muffin tray from freezer. Evenly distribute a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter mixture on top of chocolate layer.
5. Place a teaspoon of jelly on top of peanut butter. Using the back of a spoon, press down gently on the PB&J to flatten them slightly. Place back in freezer for about 5 minutes.
6. While cups are in the freezer, melt the remaining chocolate.
7. Remove cups from the freezer and pour melted on chocolate on top, making sure to cover the sides and distribute evenly. Place muffin tray back in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
8. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.